- A person whose trade is the dyeing of cloth or other material.More example sentences
- Weavers and dyers sell their cloth to men and women, who take it to tailors to make it into clothing.
- Her mother worked as a cloth dyer, turning the fabric red and yellow and purple for the tailor to sew into beautiful clothes for the baron and his officials and their families to wear.
- It was usual practice for the finishing trades of the bleachers and dyers to develop alongside hosiery.
More definitions of dyerDefinition of dyer in:
- The US English dictionary