noun[mass noun] Geology
- Metamorphism produced by mechanical forces.More example sentences
- The c.45 Ma gap between peak dynamic metamorphism and peak thermal metamorphism indicates that it is highly unlikely that the two events were genetically related.
- The time-interval relationship between peak dynamic metamorphism, which was a Stage I event and therefore has a minimum age of 1260 Ma, and peak thermal metamorphism has not been established previously.
- The minimum age of peak dynamic metamorphism is estimated to be c.1260 Ma, and has been interpreted by many workers to record the orogenic emplacement of the Albany - Fraser Province onto the Archaean Yilgarn Craton.
More definitions of dynamic metamorphismDefinition of dynamic metamorphism in:
- The US English dictionary