noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Painful menstruation, typically involving abdominal cramps.More example sentences
- Endometriosis should be suspected when there is dyspareunia, severe dysmenorrhoea, or unexplained abdominal pain, although the symptoms experienced are a poor indicator of the severity of disease.
- For secondary dysmenorrhea, managing your cramps involves treating the underlying cause.
- Primary dysmenorrhea, which is defined as painful menses in women with normal pelvic anatomy, usually begins during adolescence.
More definitions of dysmenorrhoeaDefinition of dysmenorrhoea in:
- The US English dictionary