noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Difficult or painful sexual intercourse.More example sentences
- Inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome may cause dyspareunia, but they are more often associated with other diagnoses of chronic pelvic pain.
- More than 40 percent of patients with colostomy report sexual problems such as dyspareunia or erectile dysfunction.
- The earliest manifestations of dyspareunia occur with sexual contact, but the symptoms then increase to the point that the pain interferes with nonsexual activities.
late 19th century: from dys- 'difficult' + Greek pareunos 'lying with'.
More definitions of dyspareuniaDefinition of dyspareunia in:
- The US English dictionary