Definition of dysplasia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The enlargement of an organ or tissue by the proliferation of cells of an abnormal type, as a developmental disorder or an early stage in the development of cancer.
- A biopsy can also identify rare cases when cells have progressed from dysplasia into cancer.
- There was a mild patchy proliferation of duct epithelial cells, but no dysplasia.
- Although it is not a foregone conclusion that patients with dysplasia will develop cancer, dysplasia remains the best indicator of cancer risk.
- Example sentences
- These dysplastic adenomas are precancerous. and are classified as villous, tubulovillous, and tubular.
- This has led many centres to establish surveillance programmes to identify dysplastic changes or early adenocarcinomas.
- Intestinal metaplasia or atrophy were present in only 10% of biopsies from patients with gastritis, and dysplastic glands were not identified.
Words that rhyme with dysplasiaAnastasia, aphasia, brazier, dysphasia, euthanasia, fantasia, Frazier, glazier, grazier, gymnasia, Malaysia
Definition of dysplasia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.