Definition of dysplasia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The enlargement of an organ or tissue by the proliferation of cells of an abnormal type, as a developmental disorder or an early stage in the development of cancer.
- A biopsy can also identify rare cases when cells have progressed from dysplasia into cancer.
- There was a mild patchy proliferation of duct epithelial cells, but no dysplasia.
- Although it is not a foregone conclusion that patients with dysplasia will develop cancer, dysplasia remains the best indicator of cancer risk.
- Example sentences
- These dysplastic adenomas are precancerous. and are classified as villous, tubulovillous, and tubular.
- This has led many centres to establish surveillance programmes to identify dysplastic changes or early adenocarcinomas.
- Intestinal metaplasia or atrophy were present in only 10% of biopsies from patients with gastritis, and dysplastic glands were not identified.
Words that rhyme with dysplasiaAnastasia, aphasia, brazier, dysphasia, euthanasia, fantasia, Frazier, glazier, grazier, gymnasia, Malaysia
Definition of dysplasia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan