- The chemical element of atomic number 66, a soft silvery-white metal of the lanthanide series. (Symbol: Dy)More example sentences
- Each segment contains small amounts of ions of relatively rare metals, such as dysprosium, thulium, and cerium, which fluoresce in different colors.
- The relative difficulty in identifying certain elements has given birth to such names as lanthanum, krypton and dysprosium.
- This overview on my blog tells you more about this ‘magic’ metal, the Terfenol, which is a combination of terbium and dysprosium.
late 19th century: from Greek dusprositos 'hard to get at' + -ium.
More definitions of dysprosiumDefinition of dysprosium in:
- The US English dictionary