1A flap of material on a hat or cap, covering the ear.
- The fur hats are either in the Russian style with ear flaps or a beanie shape.
- But as many as 60,000 were expected to be left to sleep in the open, and the Ministry of Food proposed stocks of knee-length boots, heavy overcoats, hats with ear flaps and gloves for them.
- Jayne opens a mail package from his mother that contains a wool cap with ear flaps and a pom-pom.
2A part of an animal’s outer ear which extends out from the head as a fleshy flap or lobe.
- Clean the excess hair out of your Shih Tzu puppy's ear canal (not the ear flap) to improve air circulation and help prevent infection.
- On scratching my left ear, I sensed something strange on my ear flap.
- The lizards' short ear flaps waggled, and one by one they stood, facing the dungeon entrance, looking for the source of the sound.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ear flap
Definition of ear flap in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.