- Loud and shrill: the alarm emits an ear-piercing screechMore example sentences
- Then Stefan let out a loud ear-piercing scream.
- Letting his wavy brown hair cover his darkened eyes, a shrill, ear-piercing scream filled the hallways.
- The only reply he received was a shrill, blood-curdling, ear-piercing scream that seemed to echo in the small, still room.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The practice of making holes in the lobes or edges of the ears to allow the wearing of earrings: facials, body massage, ear-piercing—it’s all on offer [count noun]: extra ear-piercingsMore example sentences
- There's a lot of kind of tribal-type decoration and tattoos and ear-piercings and people would cut up their clothes in a very careful way.
- Sitting next to her was a young man with a shaved head, topknot of hair, ear-piercings you could fit a dinner plate in, tattoos and a leather notebook in which he was writing.
- I thought myself a feisty, little girl with my short, spiked hair and my three ear-piercings and fake nose ring.
More definitions of ear-piercingDefinition of ear-piercing in:
- The US English dictionary