- An electrical device worn on the ear to receive radio or telephone communications or to listen to a radio, MP3 player, etc..More example sentences
- These day's bookmakers tend to use radio communication and earphones to keep things secret, so it's becoming a dying art.
- Fans are given small radios with earphones so they can listen to the ESPN commentary.
- Some states in the US have already outlawed the use of any kind of earphones and listening devices while driving or riding a bicycle.
More definitions of earphoneDefinition of earphone in:
- The US English dictionary