- The range or distance over which one can hear or be heard: she waited until he was out of earshot before continuingMore example sentences
- As soon as she was out of sight, though not earshot, she heard them talking about her.
- I live within earshot of the airfield and get an enormous thrill from hearing and watching the activities on the airfield.
- Everyone's a critic, but only reviewers get to broadcast their opinions beyond earshot.
More definitions of earshotDefinition of earshot in:
- The US English dictionary