1(In mythology and primitive religion) a goddess symbolizing fertility and the source of life.
- The mother and child is also a symbol of the procreative, regenerative power of the Goddess, the earth mother, the fecundity of primal matter and again darkness.
- Well your own thoughts seem to have changed, despite this wonderful image that you've just drawn for us of connecting to the earth mother.
- From the Greeks we inherit the concept of Gaea, or Gaia, the earth mother that gives rise to life in all its complexities.
1.1An archetypally nurturing and maternal woman.
- There is gentle humour here amid point-scoring office jealousies and a slow-ticking potential romance with single mum, earth mother and school teacher Wavey.
- This is not an ideal picnic, I said loudly, or something to that effect, causing some barefoot earth mothers to look over.
- At the same time, she conveys the spiritual warmth of an earth mother.
Definition of earth mother in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.