Definition of earth-shattering in English:
(In hyperbolic use) very important, shocking, or traumatic: tell me this earth-shattering news of yours
More example sentences
- The question does not have to be of earth-shattering importance, but it really does have to be of deep concern to the querist at the time the question is asked.
- I know this isn't exactly earth-shattering news but the news does bring back quite a flood of happy memories for me.
- It may not sound like earth-shattering news, but for those of us who love our cinemas as much as we do our movies, it is.
- Example sentences
- And when last did any leader do something so earth-shatteringly positive for the people of this country that they would sit up and take notice?
- While being nothing earth-shatteringly different, the formula has worked for them because they do what they do earnestly and well.
- Are our politicians so earth-shatteringly dull and similar that it doesn't matter who is elected?
Definition of earth-shattering in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan