- 1(Of a floor or structure) made of compressed earth: earthen moundsMore example sentences
- Without this mass of dams and earthen walls, the area would flood every spring just as Egypt's Nile Valley once did.
- She rocks rapidly from side to side, head turning and feet drumming upon the earthen floor while she beats a tambourine rattle.
- How long I sat there, on the earthen floor of the Council Chambers, starring blindly at Kinwell, I can not say.
- 1.1(Of a pot) made of baked or fired clay: on shelves sat earthen jugsMore example sentences
- From the humble earthen pot to fancy shapes in clay designed to appeal to the connoisseur… the fair seeks to impress from the word go.
- I take the earthen pot from the cabinet and fill it with water.
- Jars of spices lined the shelves, with earthen pots full of flour and sugar.
More definitions of earthenDefinition of earthen in:
- The US English dictionary