1An artificial chocolate egg or decorated hard-boiled egg given at Easter.
- The chocolatier and confectioner spent long hours creating an enormous Easter egg, weighing in at 25 kgs of plain chocolate.
- The Mayor and her children are all partial to a good tasting chocolate Easter egg.
- As we wipe away the smudges of the last chocolate Easter egg, a pang of guilt associated with overindulgence might raise its head.
2An unexpected or undocumented feature in a piece of computer software or on a DVD, included as a joke or a bonus.
- The best thing about the game was finding the Easter egg.
- Also captivating are the various Easter eggs spread throughout the disc.
- Finally, there is a really funny Easter egg located in the upper right corner of the main menu.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Eas¦ter egg
Definition of Easter egg in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.