noun[mass noun] • informal
- A state of financial comfort or security: £50,000 a year will put one on easy streetMore example sentences
- The thing that might have been missing is the finish to put us on easy street.
- With the exception of a Gerrard booking in the 19th minute and an injury scare to the same player (false alarm) soon after England were on easy street.
- Irrigators are infuriated at the ‘freeloader’ connotation it brings and say the reality is far from easy street.
More definitions of easy streetDefinition of easy street in:
- The US English dictionary