noun (plural eaux de vie pronunc. same)[mass noun]
- Brandy: the cheese is marinated in eau de vieMore example sentences
- There are half a dozen different eaux de vie, grappas, Calvados, Armagnacs, as well as a comprehensive beer and wine list.
- And even there we were treated to a new drinking experience - prune cocktail, prepared using prune eau de vie, sparkling wine and a single prune sitting and fizzing away at the bottom of the glass.
- Keep warm and add the plum eau de vie just before serving.
from French eau-de-vie, literally 'water of life'.
More definitions of eau de vieDefinition of eau de vie in:
- The US English dictionary