- (Of furniture) given the appearance of ebony: an ebonized casketMore example sentences
- An example is the suite of ebonized furniture he made for John Taylor Johnston about 1860.
- Several lots will appeal to those with a taste for Continental ebonised furniture.
- The gadrooned column and lobed bun feet of the games table illustrated in Figure 5 are typical of the heavy silhouettes associated with the late 1820s and the 1830s, and the use of ebony or ebonized wood emphasizes these elements.
- More example sentences
- The turned balusters and the applied half spindles and bosses are ebonized with black paint.
- The moulded edge to the lid, the feet and the interior of the case have been ebonised.
- I took the idea of the framework and the boxes and I also ebonised the frame.
More definitions of ebonizedDefinition of ebonized in:
- The US English dictionary