Definition of ebonized in English:
(Of furniture) given the appearance of ebony: an ebonized casket
More example sentences
- An example is the suite of ebonized furniture he made for John Taylor Johnston about 1860.
- Several lots will appeal to those with a taste for Continental ebonised furniture.
- The gadrooned column and lobed bun feet of the games table illustrated in Figure 5 are typical of the heavy silhouettes associated with the late 1820s and the 1830s, and the use of ebony or ebonized wood emphasizes these elements.
- Example sentences
- The turned balusters and the applied half spindles and bosses are ebonized with black paint.
- The moulded edge to the lid, the feet and the interior of the case have been ebonised.
- I took the idea of the framework and the boxes and I also ebonised the frame.
Definition of ebonized in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.