Definition of ebonized in English:
(Of furniture) given the appearance of ebony: an ebonized casket
More example sentences
- An example is the suite of ebonized furniture he made for John Taylor Johnston about 1860.
- Several lots will appeal to those with a taste for Continental ebonised furniture.
- The gadrooned column and lobed bun feet of the games table illustrated in Figure 5 are typical of the heavy silhouettes associated with the late 1820s and the 1830s, and the use of ebony or ebonized wood emphasizes these elements.
- Example sentences
- The turned balusters and the applied half spindles and bosses are ebonized with black paint.
- The moulded edge to the lid, the feet and the interior of the case have been ebonised.
- I took the idea of the framework and the boxes and I also ebonised the frame.
Definition of ebonized in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan