Drunken or intoxicated: those young sots with the ebrious faces
More example sentences
- Ebrious moroseness, another variety of a state preceding drunkenness, is met with more in the rich.
- I don't intend to be in a particularly ebrious state throughout this weekend.
- Guests in an ebrious state will not be accommodated.
mid 16th century: from Latin ebrius + -ous.
- More example sentences
- Drunkenness in its first degree presents you with a miniature picture of the symptoms of the more advanced stages of ebriose poisoning.
- Up came the bewitching Ferdmand, glorious, too, but old and ebriose.
- Mr. Briggs when returning home, gently, and copiously ebriose, from Epsom on his donkey, would sway about on his podgy legs.