Drunken or intoxicated: those young sots with the ebrious faces
More example sentences
- He was probably drunk when he said that, or at least fled from a sober condition to an ebrious one since nothing was happening.
- About half past six in the evening, an ebrious individual applied for towels, in company with another who seemed sober.
- Guests in an ebrious state will not be accommodated.
- Example sentences
- Mr. Briggs when returning home, gently, and copiously ebriose, from Epsom on his donkey, would sway about on his podgy legs.
- Up came the bewitching Ferdmand, glorious, too, but old and ebriose.
- Drunkenness in its first degree presents you with a miniature picture of the symptoms of the more advanced stages of ebriose poisoning.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ebri|ous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.