Definition of ecclesiology in English:
2Theology as applied to the nature and structure of the Christian Church.
- Tillard challenges Catholic and Protestant theologians concerned with ecclesiology and sacramental theology to think deeply about what it means for the church to become and to live as the body of Christ present in the world.
- Within the Christian church the new technology fragmented theology and ecclesiology, producing Protestantism in all of its variety, dynamism, confusion and contradiction.
- I do not think I changed my mind about theology or ecclesiology or the fate of Christianity in the modern world.
- Example sentences
- Lawmakers must recognize the leadership of their elders-not ‘elders’ in the ecclesiological sense of presbyters, but simply those who are older and therefore presumably wiser than the lawmakers themselves.
- The Windsor Report thus appropriately focuses on ecclesiological questions related to the nature of communion and does not attempt to resolve conflicts related to sexuality, and homosexuality in particular, within Anglicanism.
- In fact, sometimes it contributes to the ecclesiological crisis of disordered relationships among and between bishops, priests, and laity, and the relationship of all of us, but especially the American bishops, to the Vatican.
Definition of ecclesiology in:
- US English dictionary