- A test of the action of the heart using ultrasound waves to produce a visual display, for the diagnosis or monitoring of heart disease.More example sentences
- Your child's cardiologist may use tools like X-rays, electrocardiograms, or echocardiograms to monitor the defect and the effects of treatment.
- He had had a coronary angiogram and many echocardiograms and electrocardiograms at various cardiac centres.
- Because of its risks, angiography often is done only after certain other heart tests have been performed, such as an electrocardiogram, an echocardiogram or a stress test.
More definitions of echocardiogramDefinition of echocardiogram in:
- The US English dictionary