1Of or like an echo: the echoic rooms of the old manor house
More example sentences
- Their voices are filtered to sound electronically echoic.
- And at its best, its writing has the lyricism of Keats, the precision of Williams, or the echoic qualities of haiku.
- Accordingly, when encountering an ironic text such as Map's, the reader must first recognize that an ironic utterance is an echoic interpretation (literal or nonliteral) of a preceding proposition.
1.1 Linguistics Representing a sound by imitation.
- There are a plethora of echoic sounds which pupils may brain storm and then use those selected to write poetry.
- Like Standard English crick-crack, which represents a repeated sharp sound, the synonymous crickety-crick is echoic.
- With a little thought, one can make an astonishingly long list of imitative or echoic words.
- Example sentences
- In the echoic-visual condition, samples were presented underwater behind a thin black polyethylene screen that was visually opaque but echoically transparent.
- Their ability to echoically localize multiple moving prey targets in three dimensions suggests that dolphins have a well-developed spatial representation of their acoustic environment.
Words that rhyme with echoicheroic, Mesozoic, Palaeozoic (US Paleozoic), Stoic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: echo¦ic
Definition of echoic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.