- A long, thin individual cake of choux pastry filled with cream and topped with chocolate icing.More example sentences
- For dessert they selected a chocolate eclair with vanilla ice cream.
- For dessert we ordered chocolate eclairs served with ice cream, chocolate and blueberry sauce.
- I also have a total weakness for cakes - especially a nice sponge or some chocolate eclairs.
mid 19th century: from French éclair, literally 'lightning'.
More definitions of eclairDefinition of eclair in:
- The US English dictionary