The practice of marking products with a distinctive label so that consumers know that their manufacture conforms to recognized environmental standards: [as modifier]: the launch of a nationwide eco-labelling scheme
More example sentences
- Another method of raising environmental standards is through eco-labelling.
- Planned developments in Integrated Production Policy will mean that tools such as eco-labelling and environmental management systems will be driving forces for companies in every sector of the economy.
- But it is still hoping for agreement on eco-labelling so that consumers can be informed about the environmental impact of the products they buy - but it is finding opposition from other countries.
- More example sentences
- Even eco-labels designating a product that's been sustainably grown or harvested could be construed as ‘trade barriers’ for discriminating against the method of production.
- A number of eco-labels are not administered by the federal government, but instead are governed by trustworthy independent verification boards that should ensure that the food is produced a certain way.
- Within a few years, there were a half-dozen flower eco-labels in Europe, Colombia and most recently Ecuador - but none took hold with American consumers.
Definition of eco-labelling in:
- The US English dictionary