- A tax levied on products, practices, or activities which are considered to be harmful to the environment: the German coalition introduced an eco-tax on petrol to discourage motoristsMore example sentences
- Hardly any area of family life would be exempt from the new eco-taxes that he wants introduced in an attempt to force people to change their behaviour to reduce their use of energy.
- The German ecotax has led to lower consumption of gasoline since it was introduced a few years ago.
- The tax would be appended to hotel bills, adding £5.50 to the cost of two nights' accommodation for a family of four, but comparisons are already being made with the infamous Balearic ecotax.
More definitions of eco-taxDefinition of eco-tax in:
- The US English dictionary