- Destruction of the natural environment, especially when deliberate: their crime is nothing less than attempted ecocideMore example sentences
- Through a century marked by ecocide - toxic releases, poisoned lands, nuclear accidents - Russian naturalists have battled, often against a totalitarian government, to save refuges like the one where Tatiana now works.
- The great mass of Russians, all too aware of the Soviet ecocide that decimated their land, have a passionate sense of the need to protect their environment.
- However, we tend to be less aware of our own ecocide.
More definitions of ecocideDefinition of ecocide in:
- The US English dictionary