nounNorth American • informal
- A car that is small and economical rather than luxurious or stylish.More example sentences
- It sells more that 5,000 Santa Fe SUVs each month and Kia's gone from econoboxes to seven models.
- I remember when gas was 25 cents per gallon in the 1960s - and when we ran out of gas at the pumps in the 1970s before CAFE forced us into econoboxes with zero zip and no fun.
- Yet in a competitive environment where every maker's quality is on the uptick, producing uninspired but highly reliable econoboxes is not a formula for long-term success.
More definitions of econoboxDefinition of econobox in:
- The US English dictionary