- A statistic used to predict future trends in a nation’s economy.More example sentences
- Taiwan's economic planning body said yesterday that the nation's leading economic indicators for March hit a 15-year low.
- But the really important trend is a leading economic indicator of returning prosperity if ever there was one: ‘Men's bags seem to be coming up to speed in terms of fashion, too.’
- And all the leading economic indicators are trending upward.
More definitions of economic indicatorDefinition of economic indicator in:
- The US English dictionary