- A person who travels from one country or area to another in order to improve their standard of living.More example sentences
- Some people coming to Britain are denounced as economic migrants, yet economic migrants from all over the world are encouraged to be doctors and nurses to fill the gaps.
- However, economic migrants and political refugees, chiefly from East Asia, eastern Europe, and Africa, have taken the place of the non-white populace as objects of public concern.
- China, Afghanistan, the Ukraine, Moldova, Iraq, and the former Yugoslavia are among the origins for both economic migrants and political refugees.
More definitions of economic migrantDefinition of economic migrant in:
- The US English dictionary