- The extra amount earned by a resource (e.g. land, capital, or labour) by virtue of its present use.More example sentences
- Taxing the economic rent of natural resources induces users to make optimal use of environmental resources.
- For instance, if the two approaches were to overlap, the purchase of development rights would tend to undercut land value taxation as a revenue source because the economic rents would be largely removed.
- They obtain economic rents at the expense of taxpayers and consumers who are unorganized, uninformed, and paying costs that are not well defined or conspicuous.
More definitions of economic rentDefinition of economic rent in:
- The US English dictionary