- A pregnancy in which the fetus develops outside the womb, typically in a fallopian tube: one in every 100 women run the risk of an ectopic pregnancy [mass noun]: the dangers of ectopic pregnancyMore example sentences
- However, they are not very effective at preventing ectopic pregnancies which develop outside the uterine cavity.
- Anyone who can get pregnant can have an ectopic pregnancy.
- This is because overall the risk of pregnancy in these situations is low, but if pregnancy does occur an ectopic pregnancy is more likely.
More definitions of ectopic pregnancyDefinition of ectopic pregnancy in:
- The US English dictionary