- Of, produced by, or influenced by the soil: long-term cultivation may cause near-irreversible edaphic changesMore example sentences
- Some plant species are tolerant of edaphic factors in serpentine soils.
- Consequently, we would expect that the observed distributions of species reflect both the distributions of key environmental and edaphic influences as well as historic and current disturbance events.
- Such environmental and edaphic changes may greatly influence plant growth and survivorship, shaping species composition in the post-harvest community.
late 19th century: coined in German from Greek edaphos 'floor' + -ic.
More definitions of edaphicDefinition of edaphic in:
- The US English dictionary