adjectiveMedicine & Zoology
- Lacking teeth.More example sentences
- The two intermediate species are estimated to weigh between 200 and 500 kg and include Maleevosaurus novojilovi, a carnivore, and Gallimimus bullatus, an edentulous putative omnivore.
- The lower jaw of this form may have been edentulous and supported a gular sac, like that of a giant pelican or baleen whale.
- If the edentulous and presumably less carnivorous theropods are considered as part of the predator guild, then total species diversity is similar in both mammalian and theropod guilds.
early 18th century: from Latin edentulus, from e- (variant of ex-) 'out' + dens, dent- 'tooth' + -ulous.
More definitions of edentulousDefinition of edentulous in:
- The US English dictionary