- (Of text or software) in a format that can be edited by the user: the program will read an incoming fax and convert it into editable textMore example sentences
- Incoming Photoshop files come with layers intact, including editable text and effects layers, so there are no worries about losing the ability to go back and make changes.
- Likewise, exported Fireworks files opened in Photoshop retain editable text, effects, layers and masks.
- While it would be nice to be able to bring PSD files into Illustrator with editable text, this feature is quite useful all the same.
More definitions of editableDefinition of editable in:
- The US English dictionary