1A marine plant with long ribbon-like leaves which grows in European coastal waters.
- Zostera marina, family Zosteraceae
More example sentences
- During the spring migration (February-April), they are widespread and can be found almost anywhere that eelgrass grows, especially at Dungeness and West Sequim Bay.
- Boulders gave way to eelgrass over sand in 15m then, at 24m, the eelgrass grew sparse.
- Turtlegrass was obtained from oligotrophic waters near Lee Stocking Island, Bahamas; eelgrass was collected from a eutrophic environment in Monterey Bay, California.
Definition of eelgrass in:
- The US English dictionary