A small broad-headed fish of cool or cold seas, having an elongated body and the dorsal and anal fins continuous with the tail.
- Family Zoarcidae: numerous genera and species, including the northern European viviparous blenny (Zoarces viviparus)
More example sentences
- Some 10 to 25 percent of male eelpout are intersex, which means they have characteristics of both genders.
- In some parts of the southern North Sea, cold-water species, such as cod and eelpout, have been shown to experience metabolic stress during warm years.
- Eelpout have a well developed sense of smell and they are used to finding most of their food in the dark.
More definitions of eelpoutDefinition of eelpout in:
- The US English dictionary