- An organ or cell that acts in response to a stimulus: [as modifier]: effector cellsMore example sentences
- There is, however, growing evidence that specific proteases may also act as mediators of signal transduction or effectors of programmed cell death during plant senescence.
- The eosinophil is believed to be the principal effector cell for the pathogenesis of allergic inflammation.
- The short prodomains caspases induced cell apoptosis, which played an effector as a target protein of cytosol or nucleus.
More definitions of effectorDefinition of effector in:
- The US English dictionary