- An agent that brings a thing into being or initiates a change.More example sentences
- By contrast, intelligent design as he sees it is about final causes, not efficient causes.
- Aristotle, however, does not regard efficient causes as radically different from material and formal causes.
- However, on a deeper level, there must be an efficient cause to explain why a city-state acquires its constitution in the first place.
More definitions of efficient causeDefinition of efficient cause in:
- The US English dictionary