- (Of a hen) unable through weakness or disease to expel its eggs.More example sentences
- An egg travelling sharp-end first through a chicken is also more likely to tilt and wedge, resulting in that sorriest of beasts, an egg-bound chicken.
- You can induce the production of eggs in a female by stimulating her, and if they start releasing eggs, there's always the risk of the bird becoming egg-bound, basically an egg stuck in the bird's stomach, and that can kill the bird.
- One of my old poultry books recommends holding an egg bound hen in front of the fire!
More definitions of egg-boundDefinition of egg-bound in:
- The US English dictionary