- A device for timing the cooking of a boiled egg, traditionally a sealed glass container with a narrow neck in the middle through which, when the flask is inverted, sand flows for a fixed amount of time.More example sentences
- If you are spending a disproportionate amount of time on the telephone, you might consider the use of an egg timer, or some other device, to limit your calls.
- He would use an egg timer at meal times, threatening to hit the children if they did not eat up in time.
- However, my mother was ecstatic about her egg timer.
More definitions of egg timerDefinition of egg timer in:
- The US English dictionary