noun (plural egos)
- If I do get all of that done and sorted out properly my meetings tend to go very well, and that's a big big boost to my ego.
- Your natural reactions to circumstances encourage success and the healthy growth of your ego and self-esteem.
- It is very flattering and a big boost to the ego to receive compliments from someone like Stacey Jones.
- Jung also found that in practice both anima and animus act in dreams and in the imagination as mediators of the unconscious to the ego, so providing a means for inner as well as outer adaptation.
- The effects of a shift in identity from the ego to the inner self are dramatic and remarkable.
- Letting go of the ego, the persona, the rational mind is a central experience in mystical traditions.
- In this being the empirical ego has its origin, and through ethical conduct it returns to its source.
- According to Heidegger, a tendency to suicide is the ontological essence of human ego.
- This diacritically marked subject experiences splitting of the ego.
- Example sentences
- With meditation we can create a clean thinking, peaceful, egoless mind which in turn creates a person whose mind, body and spirit are in balance, in complete harmony.
- He was unchanged even by this catastrophe - he remained as decent and egoless a man as I'd ever met.
- In person, seemingly egoless, his presence within the films is both hilarious and humane.
Early 19th century: from Latin, literally 'I'.
This is the Latin word for ‘I’. It came into English later than egotism (early 18th century) or egoism (late 18th century). I (Old English) goes back to the same Indo-European root.
Words that rhyme with egoamigo, Vigo
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ego
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.