noun (plural egos)
- If I do get all of that done and sorted out properly my meetings tend to go very well, and that's a big big boost to my ego.
- Your natural reactions to circumstances encourage success and the healthy growth of your ego and self-esteem.
- It is very flattering and a big boost to the ego to receive compliments from someone like Stacey Jones.
- Jung also found that in practice both anima and animus act in dreams and in the imagination as mediators of the unconscious to the ego, so providing a means for inner as well as outer adaptation.
- The effects of a shift in identity from the ego to the inner self are dramatic and remarkable.
- Letting go of the ego, the persona, the rational mind is a central experience in mystical traditions.
- In this being the empirical ego has its origin, and through ethical conduct it returns to its source.
- According to Heidegger, a tendency to suicide is the ontological essence of human ego.
- This diacritically marked subject experiences splitting of the ego.
- Example sentences
- With meditation we can create a clean thinking, peaceful, egoless mind which in turn creates a person whose mind, body and spirit are in balance, in complete harmony.
- He was unchanged even by this catastrophe - he remained as decent and egoless a man as I'd ever met.
- In person, seemingly egoless, his presence within the films is both hilarious and humane.
Early 19th century: from Latin, literally 'I'.
This is the Latin word for ‘I’. It came into English later than egotism (early 18th century) or egoism (late 18th century). I (Old English) goes back to the same Indo-European root.
Words that rhyme with egoamigo, Vigo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.