noun[mass noun] Psychology
A system of psychoanalytic developmental psychology concerned especially with personality.
- Kurtz may be somewhat unfair to ego-psychology, but he appears to me to reduce its approach to the frame to a purely pragmatic, reality based, goal of assisting the patient in effectively scheduling their lives.
- Why was ego psychology so attractive to social work as a profession?
- Assessment in ego psychology partly shifts away from projective techniques toward more objective techniques.
- Example sentences
- Erik Erikson is the best-known example of an ego psychologist.
- The ego psychologist can engage in the continuous analytic pursuit of strengthening and expanding the ego.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ego-psychol¦ogy
Definition of ego-psychology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.