noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A polyunsaturated fatty acid found especially in fish oils.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C19H29COOH
- Oils from deep sea fish are a rich source of omega - 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid.
- Your brain needs long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids to function properly and two types - eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid - have come up trumps.
- According to a new book, eicosapentaenoic acid is a substance that can ‘significantly alleviate the symptoms of depression, even in its most severe forms.’
More definitions of eicosapentaenoic acidDefinition of eicosapentaenoic acid in:
- The US English dictionary