- A yellowish fibre composed chiefly of elastin and occurring in networks or sheets which give elasticity to tissues in the body: the fibrous capsule contains elastic fibres and sensory nervesMore example sentences
- The capsule and trabeculae are composed of collagen and elastic fibers and some smooth muscle fibers.
- Similarly, Yuan and colleagues reported that collagen and elastic fibers contribute to tissue elasticity during normal breathing.
- The muscle layer becomes the dominant structure and is composed of smooth muscle and elastic fibers.
More definitions of elastic fibreDefinition of elastic fibre in:
- The US English dictionary