Definition of elastomer in English:
A natural or synthetic polymer having elastic properties, e.g. rubber.
- More recently, surrounds have been made from polymer foam, synthetic elastomers, or polymer composites.
- Unlike diene and saturated elastomers, thermoplastic elastomers are physically, rather than chemically, cross-linked.
- World consumption of natural rubber in 1996 was 6.13 million metric tons, corresponding to 39% of world consumption of all elastomers.
- Example sentences
- They are based on nitro cellulose or polyvinyl acetate, normally elastomeric products, dispersed in solvent.
- Nonwoven fabric made with multicomponent polymeric strands including a blend of polyolefin and elastomeric thermoplastic material
- Thus, the elastomeric properties come and go with changes in temperature.
Definition of elastomer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan