noun[mass noun] • informal
- Hard physical work, especially vigorous polishing or cleaning: nothing would shift it however much elbow grease we usedMore example sentences
- But hours of hard work and elbow grease transformed the shack into a bright, clean and well-stocked shop.
- With some hard work and elbow grease, the building was cleaned, painted, and filled with many shelves of books.
- Then, as if passing through some kind of barrier, there's nothing quite so important as the lavish application of elbow grease until my small kingdom is bright and sparkly again.
More definitions of elbow greaseDefinition of elbow grease in:
- The US English dictionary