noun[mass noun] North American
- The care of elderly people who are unable to look after themselves.More example sentences
- Total time spent providing eldercare represents the summation of time spent providing personal care and time spent providing other care.
- Women are incredibly disadvantaged when they perform traditionally female work - childcare, housework, eldercare - unpaid within families.
- Furthermore, the type of eldercare generally needed includes hands-on tasks such as providing transportation and going shopping rather than assisting with financial needs that might be more readily handled remotely.
More definitions of eldercareDefinition of eldercare in:
- The US English dictionary