(Of a person) old or ageing: an elderly relative (as plural noun the elderly) specialist services for the elderly
More example sentences
- It would exclude blood relatives such as an elderly brother and sister living together.
- If you have an elderly neighbour or relative, look out for them in the winter months.
- It was being driven by an elderly lady with grey hair and had a female passenger with long, dark hair.
past one's prime, not as young as one was, not as young as one used to be;
septuagenarian, octogenarian, nonagenarian, centenarian
old people, older people, elderly people, elders, geriatrics, senior citizens, (old-age) pensioners, OAPs, retired people;
informal (golden) oldies, wrinklies
- More example sentences
- Because Virginia's fair housing law includes elderliness as a protected class it is broader than the federal fair housing law.
- The age of elderliness seems to be relative rather than absolute.