- A furnace which uses an electric arc as a heat source, especially for steel-making.More example sentences
- A Georgia company has received three new orders for the installation of its patented Chemical Energy Systems for electric-arc furnaces.
- The plant 40 miles west of Philadelphia produces plate products from scrap in an electric-arc furnace.
- Temperatures inside an electric arc furnace can rise to 1,800 degrees Celsius.
More definitions of electric-arc furnaceDefinition of electric-arc furnace in:
- The US English dictionary