1Concerned with, operating by, or producing electricity: electrical appliances
More example sentences
- Since when did the average boat owner need a generator to operate the boat's electrical system?
- Many of them were young boys whose wire strings hit electrical power lines, causing short circuits.
- The instrument operates from a standard electrical outlet and requires no calibration.
1.1(Of a company or shop) manufacturing or selling electrical appliances.
- We have an electrical store there selling appliances, washing machines.
- In fact its name sounded more like a jewellery shop than an electrical store.
- The blast flung an air-conditioning unit and a microwave into the consulate garden from a nearby electrical shop.
1Electrical equipment or circuitry.
- The Hyderabad unit would manufacture the boiler feed pumps and Bhopal and Jhansi units would supply electricals and switchyard equipment, the release said.
- Before that I was the sales manager with a Bombay consumer electricals company.
- Over the past 13 years, 1,338 foreign companies, in software, hardware, electronics, electricals and engineering, made their presence felt in the state.
1.1Shares in companies manufacturing electrical goods.
- On Tuesday, the company is due to release further details regarding the demerger of its electricals division.
- "Consumer electricals was always going to be a tough place to be into the teeth of a consumer slowdown," an analyst said in a note.
- Electricals were down more than 4 percent.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: elec|tric¦al
Definition of electrical in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.