Definition of electrical in English:
1Concerned with, operating by, or producing electricity: electrical appliances
More example sentences
- Since when did the average boat owner need a generator to operate the boat's electrical system?
- Many of them were young boys whose wire strings hit electrical power lines, causing short circuits.
- The instrument operates from a standard electrical outlet and requires no calibration.
1.1(Of a company or shop) manufacturing or selling electrical appliances.
- We have an electrical store there selling appliances, washing machines.
- In fact its name sounded more like a jewellery shop than an electrical store.
- The blast flung an air-conditioning unit and a microwave into the consulate garden from a nearby electrical shop.
noun(electricals) Back to top
1Electrical equipment or circuitry.
- The Hyderabad unit would manufacture the boiler feed pumps and Bhopal and Jhansi units would supply electricals and switchyard equipment, the release said.
- Before that I was the sales manager with a Bombay consumer electricals company.
- Over the past 13 years, 1,338 foreign companies, in software, hardware, electronics, electricals and engineering, made their presence felt in the state.
1.1Shares in companies manufacturing electrical goods.
- On Tuesday, the company is due to release further details regarding the demerger of its electricals division.
- "Consumer electricals was always going to be a tough place to be into the teeth of a consumer slowdown," an analyst said in a note.
- Electricals were down more than 4 percent.
Words that rhyme with electricalventricle
Definition of electrical in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan