noun (plural electros)
1 short for electrotype or electroplate.
- I've also been trying to source Ammonium Ferric Sulphate and Copper Sulphate, for electro etching.
- Leavy suggests that this division of the twenty-five subject electro was to meet the shrinkage of the paper in the sheet.
- The thin film of wax which adheres to the face of the electro is removed by placing it upon a wire rack.
2 [mass noun] A style of dance music with a fast beat and synthesized backing track.
- We were influenced by electro, hip-hop, house music, jazz-funk, reggae, everything really.
- But in and around the unforgiving techno and electro beats, electronic sounds swirl unpredictably.
- The first three songs are obviously meant for the dance floor, but as you get further into the record, the songs have more of an electro pop feel.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: elec|tro
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.