Definition of electro in English:
noun (plural electros)
1 short for electrotype or electroplate.
- I've also been trying to source Ammonium Ferric Sulphate and Copper Sulphate, for electro etching.
- Leavy suggests that this division of the twenty-five subject electro was to meet the shrinkage of the paper in the sheet.
- The thin film of wax which adheres to the face of the electro is removed by placing it upon a wire rack.
2 [mass noun] A style of dance music with a fast beat and synthesized backing track.
- We were influenced by electro, hip-hop, house music, jazz-funk, reggae, everything really.
- But in and around the unforgiving techno and electro beats, electronic sounds swirl unpredictably.
- The first three songs are obviously meant for the dance floor, but as you get further into the record, the songs have more of an electro pop feel.